[WikiEN-l] Something new under the sun

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 00:10:51 UTC 2008

On 1/21/08, David Goodman <dgoodmanny at gmail.com> wrote:
> Games in userspace are a perversion of the purpose of WP. If its still there
> much longer, I expect  to find it at MfD. There's self expression within our
> context, which is good, and there's general use as a personal website,

What I think is important about the "nothing not project related" rule
is that it affects everyone equally. It's not like we ban board games
but allow collaborative novel writing or something. We're here for a
purpose, so we stick to that purpose.

Interestingly, there is not, to my knowledge, a single off-WMF site
where "the wikipedia community" hangs around and does non-Wikipedia
things. Does that tell us someting?

Steve