[WikiEN-l] Rollback..again

Alex Sawczynec glasscobra15 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 03:41:29 UTC 2008

I posted this on Jimbo's talk page and will post to WikBack, but I wanted to
post here as well. I know that everyone is sick to death of hearing about
this rollback business, but I'm a little confused as to why it's being
allowed to continue. For such a contentious feature that has so bitterly
divided the community, until it's finally been decided whether or not this
even has consensus to go through, it seems to me that we should heed the
advice of users, including myself, calling for a moratorium. Considering
that we were never able to get a full-fledged discussion, and that the
ArbCom case seems unlikely to be accepted (despite Jimbo's wishes that it be
heard by them), our best bet is to wait until the end of the quarter, and
have a new poll, as has been decided. In the meantime, though, we don't know
what ramifications of giving all these users this tool will be; and until
we've discussed everything fully, it doesn't make sense to let this
continue. Thanks for your consideration.