[WikiEN-l] Conspiracy Theories

David Carson carson63000 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 22:45:30 UTC 2008

To play Devil's Advocate, though, here's the initial version that was tagged
for speedy deletion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=John_Mollo&oldid=184320631

And here's the version from 20 minutes later when you'd finished your
initial creation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=John_Mollo&oldid=184324785

At the moment, a 20 minute old article would almost have fallen off the
bottom of the 100 Newest Pages list. Which means it's virtually impossible
to conduct a new pages patrol AND give every article 20 minutes grace to see
if it turns out to grow beyond a one-liner with no assertion of notability.

I try to make life easier for the new page patrollers by sticking to Preview
rather than Save, until I'm happy the article is in a shape to go live. Or
working on it in userspace and then moving it live, if I expect my work to
be spread over a couple of sessions.

Cheers,
David...