[WikiEN-l] So, has the need for consensus in wikipedia been eliminated?

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 13:21:09 UTC 2008

On 11/01/2008, Mark Ryan <ultrablue at gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually, I'd say there's been a steady, voluntary erosion of the
> control developers have over the site. We no longer need developers to
> do things for us like oversighting revisions or modifying most
> interface text. It's only new things that really need their
> intervention.

Most of those came about because of the pain-in-the-arse factor for
developers - they have enough work to do keeping our fabulous towering
edifice of gaffer tape and string running! Checkuser, oversight,
interface text ...

I think the arbcom would be silly to take on the question of rollback
permissions if they could reasonably avoid doing so - accepting it
will mean everyone with an argument will whinge to them, more than
now.

(Personally I'd favour just making it autoconfirmed. But I didn't
!vote either time around.)

- d.