[WikiEN-l] Q regarding notablity and blocking of account.

Ulrich us at activestocks.de
Mon Jan 7 18:35:01 UTC 2008

Hi there,

i am having some difficulties understanding some decisions and need some
words of clarification from you people.

I am the lead developer of a project called ActiveQuant, which got
deleted recently. There was some notability discussion about this
software and i clearly pointed out that delisting ActiveQuant is not
only unfair but also unjust in my eyes. A very important other library
called QuantLib got delisted, too. The main problem these two projects
were suffering from is notability.

Now, as these two projects got deleted, i enforced the same rule
(missing notability) on other projects and marked them as to be deleted.

Someone with account HU12 therefore initiated a block against my account
and rolled back my delete requests without knowing that these projects
of course have exactly the same notability issues and must therefore be
deleted, too.

 To go even further, he has now removed permission to modify my own talk
page, as he accuses me to abuse the method to request unblocking. I
still request unblocking of my account and deletion of these other
projects (actually most other open source listings on wikipedia suffer
from this notability rule), or get rid of this notability rule which
doesn't make much sense for most open source software distributed on the
internet.

Anyway, to the main point of my email:

Could someone please be so kind and explain to me
a) why has my delete-request been removed from those other projects,
although it is perfectly valid
b) why has my account been blocked

I really can't reason this, i also must admit that there are dozens of
other pages that have missing references or notability problems and why
has our page (ActiveQuant) been deleted, although there were other
people, not only me, complaining about this delete request. I do value
the hint from this other guy (can't remember his name right now), that
once ActiveQuant has reached notability by i.e. a book about it or a
magazine article as a backening it will have no notablity issues anymore
and is valid for resubmission! But again, why are other projects that
have even less text and information to learn from (software related,
i.e. architectural insight) still listed?

Thanks for any shared insight.
Ulrich.