[WikiEN-l] Notability etymology and history (was Re: WP:EPISODE)

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 23:14:54 UTC 2008

I think every Army personnel has a millitary record. That is both a reliable
and verifiable source.

The idea why we asked for secondary sources was to 'get rid of' articles on
insignificant garage bands and such. It is effective in doing that but isn't
really helping in the case of army personnel.

I think what we should seek with notability is significance not  the
availability of secondary sources. I mean if a 4 year old British girl goes
missing - we get articles on that. Her going missing although tragic is
probably less significant than an average TV episode on Star Trek, a series
that has been on the air for 37 years.

Now I am not asking for the deletion of any articles. I just think we need
to loosen up on notability based deletion significantly.

   -- White Cat