[WikiEN-l] Admin, RFA, RFB and whatnot...

Majorly axel9891 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 29 16:10:16 UTC 2008

On 29/02/2008, Nicolas Montes <placebo.wiki at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just one question though, when did the percentage for RfB become 90%
> or has it always been that way? It seems that if we lowered the bar a
> little, we would get more and sooner or later a lot more f these opposes
> would pop up along with essays about who being a crat is "no big deal".

The 90% is silly... how can consensus be two different percentages? It can't
be both a vote and consensus at the same time. People either need to admit
it's basically a vote, with different requirements for RfAs and RfBs, or
change it so it's the same for both. You can't have both a voting % AND
consensus.

An interesting factoid: I work on three other wikis as well as English
Wikipedia, and they all keep the same % for bureaucrats. I don't know why
English Wikipedia is different. As I said, it's very silly, when all they do
is the job of a calculator (and when they don't... guess what, it causes
controversy!)

--
Alex (Majorly)

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Majorly