[WikiEN-l] The Charms of Wikipedia - New York Review of Books

Jussi-Ville Heiskanen cimonavaro at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 15:12:08 UTC 2008

On 2/29/08, Tony Sidaway <tonysidaway at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/02/2008, Keith Old <keithold at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > The New York Review of Books has written a review of Wikipedia:The
> Missing
> > Manual which is well worth a read.
> >
> > http://www.nybooks.com/articles/21131
>
> That's both one of the best external reviews of Wikipedia I've seen,
> and a very passionate, stirring call-to-arms for inclusionism.

Heh, knowing his oeuvre somewhat, I could well imagine
Nicholson Baker writing a novel titled Autofellatio, just to
ensure wikipedia won't ever be able to be without an article
of that name...

(If you have the stomach for it, his novel Fermata is pretty
graphic. And I don't say that lightly, be forewarned.)