[WikiEN-l] The Charms of Wikipedia - New York Review of Books

Brian Brian.Mingus at colorado.edu
Fri Feb 29 04:38:40 UTC 2008

"The Pop-Tarts page is often aflutter. Pop-Tarts, it says as of today
(February 8, 2008), were discontinued in Australia in 2005. Maybe that's
true. Before that it said that Pop-Tarts were discontinued in Korea. Before
that Australia. Several days ago it said: "Pop-Tarts is german for Little
Iced Pastry O' Germany." Other things I learned from earlier versions: More
than two trillion Pop-Tarts are sold each year. George Washington invented
them. They were developed in the early 1960s in China. Popular flavors are
"frosted strawberry, frosted brown sugar cinnamon, and semen." Pop-Tarts are
a "flat Cookie." No: "Pop-Tarts are a flat Pastry, KEVIN MCCORMICK is a
FRIGGIN LOSER notto mention a queer inch." No: "A Pop-Tart is a flat
condom." Once last fall the whole page was replaced with "NIPPLES AND
BROCCOLI!!!!!""