[WikiEN-l] mediawiki tutorials wanted

phoebe ayers phoebe.wiki at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:32:27 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm looking for picture-heavy tutorials on using MediaWiki (not
Wikipedia necessarily). For instance, a short tutorial that walks
someone through uploading a file, with annotated screenshots or even a
short video.

I know we have 5,000 help pages (approx.) on how to do this on en:wp
and meta (and commons), but I am looking for something a bit less
text-heavy and not focussed on Wikipedia policies, for use in teaching
and linking to on a local MediaWiki install.

Does anyone know of such a thing? I'm most interested in the basics of
being an editor: editing a page, uploading a file, possibly reading a
page history.

thanks!
phoebe