[WikiEN-l] en.wiki admin IRC

Luna lunasantin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 23:45:24 UTC 2008

Typically using the !admin stalkword in #wikipedia or #wikipedia-en is your
best bet, I think.

I think you're also more likely to get a response if you indicate what
you're looking for help with. "I need an admin," may be less effective than
"I need an admin to block a vandal," or "I need an admin to help with an
OTRS ticket. Can PM." Some people want to know what they're getting into, or
maybe it just gets their attention better; I couldn't say for sure, it's
just a trend I've noticed, off and on.

There was a #wikimedia-admin channel at some point, designed to be a
one-stop-shop for admins from all Wikimedia projects; not sure if it's still
active.

-Luna