[WikiEN-l] en.wiki admin IRC

Avi avi.wiki at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:23:16 UTC 2008

Yes, and expecially as regards OTRS, that is why there is a separate mailing
list and wiki for it. However, I would posit that the times discretion is
necessary, an e-mail list, with its corresponding archive, is sufficient as
opposed to the inherent transient nature of IRC. Also, a list allows
everyone who receives the e-mail the ability to comment, as opposed to those
who happen to be on-line at the time. Lastly, for the argument that IRC has
more immediacy than a list, MOST of the time, these kinds of decisions that
require the privacy and discretion an admin-only or OTRS list requires are
better served through at the least SOME deliberation as opposed to immediate
reaction.

--Avi