[WikiEN-l] Fake it 'till you make it? Internal links that look like academic citations

Alex G g1ggyman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 01:32:26 UTC 2008

Don't.  While I agree that this isn't optimal, (wait for it...) there is to
deadline.  Better to just try and find a reliable source in this case, and
hope that in most cases it's being done this way.  Better also to try and
educate people to (from WP:WAWI) "*use external link style so the link will
make sense in any context*."  And I agree with Bainer that trying to write a
database query here wouldn't work...the false positives produced would
really piss of people, when the problem isn't that widespread, or that
major, as we might think...