[WikiEN-l] Fake it 'till you make it? Internal links that look like academic citations

Bryan Derksen bryan.derksen at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 26 23:13:29 UTC 2008

Brian wrote:
> If this is the policy I would be happy to come up with a database query that
> deletes all such references.

Better not. I've run into some situations where people saw citations
that linked to other Wikipedia articles and assumed that the article was
citing Wikipedia, whereas in fact it was really citing a third-party
source and linking to the Wikipedia article _about_ that third-party
source simply as a convenience for the reader.