[WikiEN-l] 48h block for "violating" WP:DTTR?

Raphael Wegmann raphael at psi.co.at
Tue Feb 26 21:04:42 UTC 2008

Hello,

apparently I've just been blocked 48h for violating WP:DTTR,
which is not a policy or guideline, and editors are not obliged
to follow.

The block reason given is WP:3RR which I did not violate, because

1. I made only 3 reverts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194141550
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194147516
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194149873

2. All of those reverts are reverts of clear-cut discussion page
    vandalism:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194140985
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194142910
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:Tarc&diff=prev&oldid=194148301

It all comes down to this:
Does a "violation" of WP:DTTR warrant a violation of WP:VANDAL?
In other words: Are editors allowed to remove a template comment
from others' talk pages, if they feel that the other is a regular?

br
--
User:Raphael1