[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Mon Feb 25 00:44:58 UTC 2008

In a message dated 2/24/2008 4:34:54 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
dgerard at gmail.com writes:

So,  Betacommand understands WP:NONFREE and his bot appears to behave
according  to said rules, and he promptly fixes reports of it not doing
so, and there  is no credible evidence of him violating policy.>>

I don't agree with A, or B, or C, or D :)
The mere fact that a person is not violating a particular policy is not
sufficient to excuse all their behaviour.

However, there is a page which (when I looked) was almost  entirely
made of complaints from people who clearly don't understand  WP:NONFREE
and are upset at therefore being  ignored.>>

Then you're not understanding the underlying complaint.  The issue is  not
over not understanding WP:Nonfree.  That is not why they are bringing  up
remarks.

So  is your complaint that people who don't get it and/or don't want to
are  upset in vast numbers?>>

No David.  But you're welcome to try again to see what the complaint
actually is.

Will

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)