[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Sun Feb 24 21:23:07 UTC 2008

WJhonson at aol.com schreef:
> I don't  think anyone has ever claimed the Foundation *does* say  this...>>
>

> ----------------------
> Good, now that we agree that Fair Use images may be used.
> Is there a way for a bot to recognize what context an image is being used
> in, for it to know which ones *may* be in violation of some contextual  issue?

Only in a limited number of circumstances, for example: if the image is
claimed to be an album cover, a bot may detect if it is used in an article
about an album.

In all other circumstances, the bot has to depend on a complete fair use
rationale, one which explicitly states in which articles the image is
used fairly. Fortunately, this is mandatory, so a bot can work 100%
correctly on properly tagged images.

Eugene