[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:52:36 UTC 2008

On 24/02/2008, WJhonson at aol.com <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:

>  Good, now that we agree that Fair Use images may be used.
>  Is there a way for a bot to recognize what context an image is being used
>  in, for it to know which ones *may* be in violation of some contextual  issue?

Yep! You make sure they're tagged properly.

But! What if a fair-use image is MISTAKENLY deleted??

... then it can be recovered pretty darn easily, because in almost all
cases they're readily available on the internet.

But! What if a fair-use image CAN'T be easily re-uploaded??

... then it can be undeleted.

The damage to the project is negligible, and any actual cases are
trivially easy to fix.

Do you have any cases of erroneous deletion to hand? Not theoretical,
actual cases. If so, were any of these not trivially fixable?

- d.