[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

WJhonson at aol.com WJhonson at aol.com
Sun Feb 24 20:25:40 UTC 2008

In a message dated 2/24/2008 1:34:24 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
eugene at vanderpijll.nl writes:

No, in  this case, it wasn't the community, it was the Foundation, and
before the  board resolution it was Jimbo who stated that the
encyclopedia had to be  free. This is one policy that cannot be changed
by the  community.>>
This makes no sense to my argument.
No one is stating that the encyclopedia must not be free.

Fair use images may be included within free content.
You seem to be stating, as I've been stating, that no fair-use images may  be
used for any purpose in-wiki whatsoever.  At any time, for any  purpose.

That's what I've been stating.  Using fair-use images does not make  the
project non-free, so this idea that it does is silly.

Will Johnson

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)