[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 23:41:18 UTC 2008

On 23/02/2008, WJhonson at aol.com <WJhonson at aol.com> wrote:
>  Fair use of photographs is effectively neutered.

True but I don't think we are in a position to introduce the kind of
changes to US and international copyright law that would be needed to
change that.

>  There are cases where even fair use photographs are removed because there
>  *might be* a way to get a free photograph.  That's  pointless.

Before we started to enforce that rather a lot of our celebrity bios
were illustrated by unfree images. Now days We have a surprising large
collection of free images of celebs.

--
geni