[WikiEN-l] Digg vs. Wikipedia?

Peter Ansell ansell.peter at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 22:56:35 UTC 2008

On 24/02/2008, Soxred93 at gmail.com <soxred93 at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://slate.com/id/2184487
>
>  Hmm...the interesting depiction of Jimbo was what caught me. At least
>  it's not all bad about Wikipedia, like most news articles are.

"Digg and Wikipedia would do well to stop pretending they're operated
by the many and start thinking of ways to rein in the power of the
few."

Both sites are geared towards people who have the time and resources
to spend huge amounts of time debating endlessly while those who are
lesser species die out from exhaustion and the need to do meaningful
real life activities. Any guesses where that is going to take
something? :) It just manages to get wikipedia to stability most of
the time I guess. It has a direct tendency to hinder NPOV though.

Peter