[WikiEN-l] [Commons-l] Musing with professional photographers: further lessons learned

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 00:45:08 UTC 2008

On 23/02/2008, Andrew Gray <shimgray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Could we combine them? Magnifying glass with an i inside the circle of
>  the lens... or would that be too cluttered?

See the bug, there's an example of that there. In my casual and
unscientific tests, two out of two experienced Wikipedia readers only
noticed the magnifier, not the circle-i at all.

As I note in the bug: we need some proper UI testing on people who
aren't Wikipedia editors. Perhaps regular readers, but not editors.
The use case here is the casual reader who wants to know more about
the image or get a larger copy.

- d.