[WikiEN-l] Sorted

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 18:42:31 UTC 2008

On 22/02/2008, Mathias Schindler <mathias.schindler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Wouldn't "solution" require the petitioners to agree to the idea that
> showing drawings of people they consider to be prophets can shown when
> the title of the page is called "depiction of X"?

Forget them. I checked, there's no references with those kinds of
images in the Muhammad article, except those *directly* associated
with those images. That they should be in the article is an extreme
minority position in the references.

Yes, I'm actually arguing that we should do that, even if we weren't
being petitioned. The NPOV seems to be NOT to include them.

It's an *indirect* effect of the prohibition within Islam, acting via
the references, but we're not directly doing it because of that, we're
doing it because of NPOV.

--
-Ian Woollard
We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly