[WikiEN-l] Don't read this message at work (just kidding (maybe))

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 13:07:57 UTC 2008

Well, actually, I've just looked at "clitoris", and it is rather
modest as these articles go (compared for example with all the
duplicative pictures of the scrotum). It doesn't even use one of the
various photos of women exhibiting their vulvas. As far as the sexual
organs are concerned, we have an overabundance of images, ranging from
classic medical drawings to pushing-the-limits-near-pornography. The
choices made vary widely, so that some articles are medically modest
(but quite clear), and others are rather graphic. Inevitably the more
graphic examples draw complaints, and the more modest do not. There
does in fact seem to be a happy (but not orgasmic) medium for this
type of article. and I haven't seen any sign that people think there
should be no depictions at all.