[WikiEN-l] BetacommandBot, (currently) centralized discussion

Tony Sidaway tonysidaway at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 04:48:35 UTC 2008

On 18/02/2008, Nathan <nawrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interested folks should take a look at
>  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators'_noticeboard/Betacommand<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Administrators%27_noticeboard/Betacommand>.
>  It is a hopefully centralized discussion aimed at finding a solution to the
>  ongoing problems with Betacommand, BetacommandBot and image tagging. There
>  is also some question about the "deadline" that is upcoming for removing
>  non-free images, a question that could perhaps be directed to Foundation
>  reps. That I think is at a different thread at WP:AN, since it doesn't
>  directly relate to Betacommand.

I'm continually mystified by the antics of people who seem unable to
understand that to communicate with Betacommand it is only necessary
to place a message on his talk page.  In this respect he is exactly
like every other user on Wikipedia.

I've proposed that the page thus be merged with betacommand's user
talk page.  Perhaps realizing that they're meant to discuss things
*with* him might lessen the massive flood.