[WikiEN-l] Can we think about trying the "show" solution?

The Mangoe the.mangoe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 03:54:58 UTC 2008

I don't think Wikipedia's "not censored" policy is limited to our
project; I think it represents the dominance of those who view
Wikipedia as a conduit for disseminating material potentially subject
to censorship. By your own words you are setting Wikipedia against the
"arrogance" of (some forms of) Islam, so once again I have to say, "I
see no neutrality here."

I would also point out that the principle isn't really "not censored".
It seems to me that we should be seeking a solution which retains the
images but isn't so "in your face" about their presence. Actual
censorship doesn't seem to be on the table.