[WikiEN-l] So, why do we provide porn?

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 13:39:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Steve Bennett <stevagewp at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Female_masturbation
>
>  What is the thinking here? When did we decide that providing access to
>  the sum total of human knowledge included porn? How does this enhance
>  our mission?

Could you please go more into specific:

Image:Jenna Jameson Dirty Bob.jpg does not really seem to be placed
properly in that category, it think this is merely posing for the
photographer

On the other hand, what would in your point of view be an appropriate
category for this picture
Image:Horny (nude by Peter Klashorst).jpg
?

Most of the images in that category would not qualify as porn, in my
opinion, some of them could qualify as nudity.

How would you illustrate the article on masturbation instead?

Mathias