[WikiEN-l] A call for moderation

Raphael Wegmann wegmann at psi.co.at
Tue Feb 19 14:38:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 01:51:29PM +0000, David Gerard wrote:
> On 19/02/2008, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The Core of NPOV is that there is something that is satisfactory
> > to all sides, or at least equally unpalatable to all.
>

> This fails when a "side" is not people whose interest is in writing an
> encyclopedia, but an outside pressure group who don't understand NPOV
> and don't care.

I am beginning to wonder, whether the "good guys" are still interested
in writing an encyclopedia. It seems to me, that acting "on principle"
(no censorship - whatever that means) in this case is destroying more
than it adds. I sometimes even get the impression, that people enjoy
the strength of the inside pressure group ("you are offended? good!
If you change the pictures, I'll revert and block you. :-b").

Do we have a neutral and unbiased article, when it is necessary to
protect pages and block editors en mass?
I don't think so.

--
Raphael