[WikiEN-l] A call for moderation

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 20:49:48 UTC 2008

> I don't recommend that we "give in".  I do recommend that we continue to
> dialog about possibilities which would be satisfactory to all sides.

To do that, you need to define what the sides are. We're never going
to completely satisfy everybody. The most unreasonable claims can
obviously be rejected outright (for example, someone mentioned a
demand that only Muslims be allowed to edit Islam-related articles).
We need to decide how unreasonable is unreasonable enough to dismiss
without consideration.