[WikiEN-l] A call for moderation

James Farrar james.farrar at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 13:48:14 UTC 2008

> It is a shame that in this thread we do not have any representatives who
> might be able to find a compromise which would be satisfactory to the
> moderate petitioners, while at the same time fulfilling our general
> desire to not censor Wikipedia.

Jimbo:

The problem is that it is difficult to find a compromise when the
petitioners are saying "these images must be removed from Wikipedia
completely" - which is what many of them *are* saying... the images
can't be "a little bit" in Wikipedia any more than a woman can be "a
little bit pregnant"...

On a lighter note (and $DEITY knows this thread could use one!), I
have just had described to me the concept of images of Muhammad being
"not kosher" :-D