[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

Raphael Wegmann raphael at psi.co.at
Mon Feb 18 00:30:17 UTC 2008

WJhonson at aol.com schrieb:
> In a message dated 2/17/2008 4:00:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> raphael at psi.co.at writes:
>
> Are you  saying, that those who reject images of all human-beings are
> reasonable  and those who just oppose images of Muhammad are  extremists?>>>
> ------------------------------
> Those Muslims who reject images of all human beings, based on their
> interpretation of Sharia law are consistent.
<snip/>
Are you advertising for extremism?

> Those Muslims who try to use this Sharia law as the basis for why they are
> protesting the inclusion of historical representations of Muhammed, are being
> inconsistent in a subtle way.  They are protesting in a general way that  the
> image is offensive, but trying to back that up by citing a law which doesn't
> apply, and doing so in a way that would appear to most Muslims to be  invalid.

Well, there has never been one binding version of Sharia law valid
for all Muslims. There are different interpretations and since the
rejection of pictorial representations is motivated by protection
from idolatry, the limit to depictions of prophets does make sense.

> The basis of this, is the exact same as the basis for the Baha Ullah
> article.  This one only has gotten more airplay.  The logical and  religious basis,
> is identical.  We, being consistent, should address the  two issues with the
> same result.

Yes, we should be consistent in that matter.

--
Raphael