[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

geni geniice at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 22:53:09 UTC 2008

On 17/02/2008, Raphael Wegmann <raphael at psi.co.at> wrote:
> geni schrieb:
> > On 17/02/2008, Raphael Wegmann <raphael at psi.co.at> wrote:
> >> It wouldn't cost "us" that much, because those who care would
> >> do the job. Any yes, there is a benefit for "us", because there
> >> would be 1 billion people more likely to help us out.
> >
> > Perhaps but then they find out about this:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glamor_photography
>
> They can enable the "nudity" filter for this one.

Err the lead photo isn't nude. Clearly wearing a hand bra. But yes
they are free to develop a browser plug in that blocks images to
whatever standards that they like

> > Or the other elements of Islamic law:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus
> >
> > Obviously this is stuff would be problematical under Saudi law:
> >
> > http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Bible
> >

> I don't know or care much about Saudi Arabia (merely 2% of Muslim
> population),

Saudi Arabia however funds a significant number of Mosques and the
like thus we have to consider it's ideology at least when dealing with
Sunni Islam.

>but the Gospel shouldn't be problematic since
> it provides "guidance and light" according to the Qur'an (5:46).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/12/19/ubible119.xml

I suspect the problem is mostly to do with English translations.
--
geni