[WikiEN-l] A call for moderation

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Feb 17 22:32:24 UTC 2008

Mathias Schindler wrote:
> On Feb 17, 2008 10:32 PM, Jimmy Wales <jwales at wikia.com> wrote:
>
>> It is a shame that in this thread we do not have any representatives who
>> might be able to find a compromise which would be satisfactory to the
>> moderate petitioners, while at the same time fulfilling our general
>> desire to not censor Wikipedia.
>
> Does such a thing exist? Honestly, what could possibly be the
> compromise between "Censor in the name of religion!" and "Do not
> censor in the name of education!" be?

I don't know. :)  If I did know, I would just edit the article and both
sides would cheer for me.

Usually what I would look for in a case like this would be something
which neither side views as censorship.  Obviously some people will view
anything other than their most-preferred solution as censorship, but
usually moderates can find a happy enough solution somewhere.