[WikiEN-l] A call for moderation

Screamer scream at datascreamer.com
Sun Feb 17 22:10:51 UTC 2008

Thomas Dalton wrote:
>> Here is a thought.  Perhaps the image can be collapsed, in the same
>> manner we do our {{hat}} {{hab}} collapsible text blocks.
>>

> I'm pretty sure that's been suggested and rejected by many people. My
> main reason for rejecting it is the simple fact that it's impossible
> to fairly and neutrally determine which images should be hidden and
> which shouldn't.

It is not really a matter of neutrality here, we don';t have to be
neutral in our decision to make an article more palatable to a people
whom it deeply offends.  It is not our responsibility to cater to the
needs of every religious or culture group, but at the same time, it
would be gracious or courteous of us not to push these images on a
people it so greatly offends.  There is a need for moderation here, and
it is so deeply registered by the talk page of that article, and by the
sheer number of concerns inputted into the otrs system.

"I don't have a way to be fair cause it no article, or all articles,
with this hat hab solution" is not a good argument.  Let us try and do
they right thing here.

./scream