[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

Eugene van der Pijll eugene at vanderpijll.nl
Sun Feb 17 16:25:44 UTC 2008

Raphael Wegmann schreef:
> "The demand" was signed by 200.000 people. What about the millions who
> would appreciate, if we'd give them a chance to follow their customs?

Until now, Wikipedia has always been written for the general public, not
for a specific subsection of them, not even if that subsection consisted
of millions.

Most visibly, until now, we don't censor Wikipedia for children (and
there are a lot more of them than Muslims, at least English speaking).
We've always said that if you think that our product contains
inappropriate content for that group, fork it!

I don't see any reason that this wouldn't be the proper response in this
case as well.

Eugene