[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

Charlotte Webb charlottethewebb at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 18:32:08 UTC 2008

On 2/15/08, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> You're talking nonsense. The correct amount of each view to include
> depends on the inherent notability of the view, not on how much other
> sources talk about it (there is a correlation there, certainly, but
> it's far from a simple one).

I was just reading the logorrhea at the top of WP:N (which, with its
initial nutshellism simplicity confounded by copious footnotes and
circular auxiliary definitions which raise more questions than they
answer, quite frankly verges on self-parody[1], but that's a separate
issue).

Inherent? I don't see how a more *exherent* set of criteria could be chosen.

—C.W.

[1] Significance shall be demonstrated through thine coverage, and the
level of thine coverage shall be significant. Trivial thine coverage
shalt not be, nor needeth it to be exclusive, provided that it is at
least significant. Usenet postings from 1995 are right out. Once
significance, being the required level of coverage, be established,
then thou mayst in good faith lobbyeth in yonder AFD fracas for swift
retention of thine presumedly notable topic, and thy deletionist foes,
being time-wasting trolls in mine sight, shalt politely go fuck
themselfs.