[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

David Goodman dgoodmanny at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 17:47:57 UTC 2008

Yes, we are making a point. We have some basic principles, and freedom
from censorship is one of them. Just as we would never compromise with
a free content license, so we would not here. The point we are making
is that these are our values on the project. Anyone who wants to make
an image-free fork can do so. That's part of our free license--they
are complementary.

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wikipedia seems tobe trying to make a
>  >  point. One wonders what it is?
>
>  The point is that we are a neutral encyclopaedia and those images have
>  encyclopaedic value (that point has been disputed by some on the
>  grounds that there is no reason to believe the person in the image
>  bears any resemblance to Muhammad, and that's a point worth
>  discussing, that it's against the customs of a particular people is
>  not worth any discussion).

David Goodman, Ph.D, M.L.S.