[WikiEN-l] Germany's Brockhaus Encyclopedia goes online

Steven Walling steven.walling at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 00:20:59 UTC 2008

>If all encyclopaedias stopped being paper and went online free, it could
seriously bite into the >number of people donating to Wikipedia.

Our goal is not hoard donation money. Our goal is to freely distribute the
sum of all human knowledge. If our efforts force other publishers and
websites to do what we've done (publish information for free), then we've
won.

As for threatening the project's existence, this is not going to happen just
with Brockhaus or Britannica publishing online. We are a wiki, and that
means we will always update faster and better than static sites.