[WikiEN-l] Foundation audit

Brion Vibber brion at wikimedia.org
Tue Feb 12 20:28:10 UTC 2008

llywrch wrote:
> Anthere wrote:
>> When some board members of your organization are publicly accused
>> to misuse the donors money to promote their own business, how do
>> they answer?
>
> Since you asked, my suggestion is to simply say "They don't" -- &
> provide detailed evidence that this is not the case.
>
> Let's look at the travel budget, since that is the one which is
> appears to be attracting the most controversy. If all of the air
> travel is done by Economy Class (you know, the way the rest of us
> travel), then say so. If it isn't, then make it the rule from this
> moment forward.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Travel_Policy

"2. AIR TRAVEL

The lowest available airfares shall be sought when making bookings. All
travelers are expected to use economy class.

Business class may be used for flights exceeding nine hours in duration,
if required to accommodate a traveler’s special physical or medical
needs. Use of business class must be approved in advance by the ED. If
approval is not given, the traveler may choose to fly business class
regardless, and to personally pay the actual difference in cost."

-- brion vibber (brion @ wikimedia.org)