[WikiEN-l] Jobs at Wikipedia

Thomas Dalton thomas.dalton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 19:13:15 UTC 2008

> Hmmm sounds like the "we can't give you a raise, but we 'can' make you
> Senior Vice President..."

Not really. If you only have one person per job, they are all going to
be in charge of their job. There is only one person looking after the
office, so they are the Office Manager. There's only one person
handling business development, so they are the Head of Business
Development. I guess you could just call Kul "Business Developer", but
I imagine the big titles are handed out in order to make it easier if
more staff are hired that need to report to an existing member of
staff... and because people like to have a big title, of course.