[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

Michel Vuijlsteke wikipedia at zog.org
Sat Feb 9 12:40:36 UTC 2008

On Feb 9, 2008 1:30 PM, David Gerard <dgerard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/02/2008, Ken Arromdee <arromdee at rahul.net> wrote:
>
> > Spoiler templates were removed the same way as characters and episodes:
> > Make edits to contested policies, and then use de-facto bots to remove
> tens of
>

> You keep making this false claim that bots were used. You've been
> corrected on this enough times that I think I can reasonably
> characterise the above statement as a knowing lie on your part.

De facto bots != bots.

When you get de facto single purpose accounts doing virtually nothing else
but deleting characters and episodes, often not even bothering to *read*
what they're deleting, there' not much difference between human and bot.

On an abstract level I have a certain admiration for the sheer tenacity and
the work involved. But only on a very abstract level. In reality it's almost
maddeningly frustrating: there just is no way to stop this from happening,
and it's doing far more harm than good.

Michel