[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Fri Feb 8 20:14:28 UTC 2008

On Feb 8, 2008 10:51 AM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dalton at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Rolling  stubs together into one list makes no sense.  .....  And what is the
> >  benefit?
>
> Less articles to worry about. That's why we delete things than a
> non-notable in the first place, as far as I can tell - they're not
> worth having an extra article to monitor for vandalism, etc.

In what way is it easier to monitor for vandalism?  I don't see it.
If anything, I'd think it'd be easier, actually.  If someone
vandalizes [[Davik Kang]] and someone else vandalizes [[Siri Tachi]]
I'd rather have two entries in my watchlist than one (if I only had
one I might actually miss the first bit of vandalism).  And what if
someone vandalizes the redirect?  I don't see any validity to the
argument that these mega-articles are easier to maintain.