[WikiEN-l] IndyWiki browser

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 17:40:25 UTC 2008

> A web browser specifically designed for reading Wikipedia. (As opposed
> to AutoWikiBrowser, which is a web browser specifically designed for
> editing Wikipedia.)

The idea's good. Magnus wrote something similar. I wish someone would
develop it a bit further.

What's good:
- images help with random exploration
- list of links is a *great* way to hone in on something you only know
of vaguely.
- fixed contents box

What's not:
- only being able to see a chunk of text at a time
- seems like some of the links are actually links to images, and the
result is totally mangled.
- clunky, amateurish

In general, I think it makes a lot of sense to browse wikipedia wiht a
fixed GUI, rather than downloading it all again on each page.

Steve