[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

Steve Summit scs at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 5 14:14:06 UTC 2008

David Gerard wrote:
> For me the greatest concern of a censorship mechanism is that it
> blatantly encourages NPOV violation as common practice.

"Censorship" is of course a heavily loaded word, but I've never
viewed content-tagging mechanisms, or "hide" mechanisms that are
positively *un*hidden by default, as censorship.

(But yes, were such mechanisms in place, I suppose epic POV
battles would be bound to erupt around the question of whether to
use them in particular cases, immaterial though the outcome would
be to the majority of readers who browse using default settings.)