[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 02:44:22 UTC 2008

On 2008.02.04 14:30:37 -0500, Alex Sawczynec <glasscobra15 at gmail.com> scribbled 0.5K characters:
> On Feb 1, 2008 6:39 PM, Steven Walling <steven.walling at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The breadth has to stop somewhere, so we can get to depth.
> >

> You really think depth is the problem? How about you go wander on over to
> ArbCom, where there is currently a furor over the mass deletion of thousands
> upon thousands of bytes of information by TTN and other editors who are
> citing WP:FICT as strict policy. ArbCom finally got their act together and
> declared an embargo on these actions as well.
>
> - GC

Thousands of bytes is sadly an understatement. We're talking thousands of kilobytes, and by this point, a few years into TTN and other's careers, probably hundreds of megabytes. All those '(-20000 bytes)' really add up.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a database in possession of information will not be in want of deleters for the ease of the task as compared with the creation...

--
gwern
Capricorn CIDA TSCI IDF NAVWAN Council Panama FLAME Class Steak