[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least simplify the problem a bit."

Andrew Gray shimgray at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 00:56:41 UTC 2008

On 05/02/2008, Jussi-Ville Heiskanen <cimonavaro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Really it would help to approach images by starting with the
> cases that aren't so loaded with controversy. If you want to
> make progress unraveling difficult issues, start unraveling
> at a point where you can unravel at least a few loops.

Here's one we face regularly for... well, for anyone still alive whose
prominence was in the 1960s or so.

Do we have a contemporary photograph of them, or one from their
heyday? How do we characterise them - the grand (or decayed!) old
figure, or the bright young thing?

Licensing issues, inevitably, point us towards a freely-created image,
which almost always means a new creation... but is that the best way
to present the article?

--
- Andrew Gray
  andrew.gray at dunelm.org.uk