[WikiEN-l] "I want to at least kill the responsible person."

Mathias Schindler mathias.schindler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 10:05:38 UTC 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 10:53 AM, Ben Yates <ben.louis.yates at gmail.com> wrote:
> We should provide an alternate "Mohammad" page without any images on
> it.  Telling people to edit their javascript is silly; most people
> aren't nearly tech savvy enough to understand what that even means
> (for example, they have to first understand that a web page can be
> displayed differently for different users).

There is a rather fundamental flaw in this proposal (actually, in
both): They don't want a page where they can look at without having to
see an image that is said to be that of its founder, they want the
picture removed completely. The javascript/css-option is only meant as
an alibi, without any chance to actually appease those who prefer
censorship over content they don't agree with. The more complicated
the option is, the longer it might serve as a diversion. A better
choice would be a patch the firefox sources that disables rendering of
images that contain "muhammad" (in different spellings) that needs
recompilation of firefox.

Mathias