[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Anthony wikimail at inbox.org
Sat Feb 2 20:01:53 UTC 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 1:11 AM, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Ian Woollard wrote:
>  > But if you
> > try to draw any kind of conclusion, that isn't completely implied by
> > the text, then it's OR.
>
> Not really relevant, though. OR is a whole 'nother policy.

Not really.  WP:V even says that it, WP:OR, and WP:NPOV "should not be
interpreted in isolation from one another, and editors should try to
familiarize themselves with all three."  If your only point is that
this rule should be filed under WP:OR instead of WP:V, then it's a
fairly useless point to debate.

I should also point out that the sentence you're talking about says
"If no reliable, third-party sources *can be found* for an article
topic..." [my em].  Reliable, third-party sources *can be found* for
Hamlet, even if the initial article doesn't contain them.