[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

Ian Woollard ian.woollard at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 05:50:18 UTC 2008

On 02/02/2008, Bryan Derksen <bryan.derksen at shaw.ca> wrote:
> If I were to write an article about Hamlet and I cited only the text of
> the play (widely available anywhere) for all of the facts I wrote, is
> that article unverifiable?

Provided you stick to things that are very likely to reach consensus
that what you wrote is 100% backed up by the text, it's certainly
verifiable and probably notable (since Hamlet is notable). But if you
try to draw any kind of conclusion, that isn't completely implied by
the text, then it's OR.

--
-Ian Woollard

We live in an imperfectly imperfect world. If we lived in a perfectly
imperfect world things would be a lot better.