[WikiEN-l] Defeat: Notability is Policy

White Cat wikipedia.kawaii.neko at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 03:16:53 UTC 2008

We assume good faith. It isn't OR to say that Jean-Luc Picard is bald. If
you watch any episode of the next generation this is trivial to establish.
However this information isn't available for free. You'd need to either buy
a dvd or watch it on TV and pay by watching commercials.

Shows like Star Trek are inherently notable. An average Star Trek episode
has a rather crowded audience. Now an average home video does not. Perhaps
only the baby's parents care about the video. Now on a traditional
encyclopedia you would not find an article on individual star trek episodes.
We are fortunately not such an encyclopedia. If people want to write about
fiction, who are we to tell them that they can't.

Of course OR is unwelcome but OR is hardly a major problem. Eventually every
article will be rewritten to the quality standards of every/most guideline
out there. Not complying with guidelines makes an article problematic but
that doesn't mean we delete it on sight. It is a work in progress.

[[WP:SPINOUT]] and [[WP:STUB]] are not banned. However if you interprete
WP:V like that you are puging such articles.

    - White Cat